Nov 19, 2008

Dresser Update (11/19)

DRESSER

The new top is all glued/nailed together. I used birch for the top and sides… I don’t know if that matters to anyone, but I felt like sharing. Tomorrow (Thursday) is my day off, and I plan on finishing all of the sanding of the old paint from the rest of the dresser and putting the new side pieces in place.

This is a pretty basic fix for the dresser, but I’m starting to get the bug to do more furniture. I don’t think I can do much more without some more tools, so I’ll probably have to shake the desire to start something else. Maybe I can get into my parents’ basement sometime and see if my router/table is still in working order.

I found a sanding disc that fits into a drill at Lowe’s over the weekend. It is making my life so much easier than trying to get an even finish with the belt sander.

DRESSER

My angle cuts might not be 100% perfect, but I’m pretty impressed with what I did with a circular saw. I’m no Norm, but it’ll do for that corner. Hopefully no one decides to come over and check the back left joint on the underside of the dresser’s top piece…

DRESSER

The old top popped right off, and I just copied all of the cuts onto new lumber… so hopefully it was designed right the first time.

DRESSER

Leave a comment