A sticker on my McDonald’s cup says that all of their sandwiches have 100% pure beef… Sounds like a good thing, but I thought I ordered the fish fillet?
Oscar is starting to become more and more comfortable around the house. I think we’ve gone a week without him peeing on something… he’s eating more regularly… playing more and acting less needy.
He still can’t seem to figure out the remote control, though. I’m guessing that will take some time. A few more weeks of Mallory’s “Sex and the City” reruns on top of her latest batch of “Full House” and “Roseanne” should be the motivating force.
We are bringing him with us today for Thanksgiving at Grandma Jerrie’s and to dinner at my mom’s house. Lunch should be OK, dinner will be interesting with mom’s cats.
Speaking of cats… Max has been the exact opposite this week, he’s peed on a few things… has decided that the flowers on the kitchen table are a treat for him to eat and has been 10x more obnoxious than usual. I’m no animal psychologist, but I thought he’d do stuff like this a couple months ago when we first got the dog.
According to my favorite weather site we apparently need to move to Rantoul… although I don’t know if the clear skies and high temps could make me feel better about the fact that I would be stuck living in Rantoul.
Looks like weather.com has the right temperature for that area… I think we’ll stay right where we are at for now.
The new top is all glued/nailed together. I used birch for the top and sides… I don’t know if that matters to anyone, but I felt like sharing. Tomorrow (Thursday) is my day off, and I plan on finishing all of the sanding of the old paint from the rest of the dresser and putting the new side pieces in place.
This is a pretty basic fix for the dresser, but I’m starting to get the bug to do more furniture. I don’t think I can do much more without some more tools, so I’ll probably have to shake the desire to start something else. Maybe I can get into my parents’ basement sometime and see if my router/table is still in working order.
This dresser was nailed to the workbench supports in our garage when we bought the house over the summer. I had kind of written it off and thought about getting rid of it last week but then we decided to try to fix it up and use it in the guest room. It’s not the nicest piece in the world, but it’s free.
It’s going to need a new top, a new drawer, new hardware, new side panels… it obviously has to be sanded and re-painted. At first it sounds like I may as well just build a new dresser, but the piece is pretty solid as a whole, but the sides are made of a simple panel that even I should be able to fix.
These are the “before” shots. I will try to document the progress as it comes along for anyone who cares…